Business Development Associate
Istation is a leading developer and publisher of educational software for pre-K–12 students and educators. Istation’s interactive instructional programs are Internet and Web based, including computer-adaptive assessments and intervention programs in the areas of reading, math, and interdisciplinary studies that are currently being used in 37 states and 7 countries.
Istation is currently searching for an enthusiastic and driven individual to fill the position of Business Development Associate. The primary responsibility of the Business Development Associate is to grow the business by creating and qualifying new customer relationships, assisting in the retention of current customer accounts, and facilitating current piloted Istation implementations. The job entails introducing and selling represented products to potential and established customers in close conjunction with account executives.
Other duties include but are not limited to:
- Cultivating leads and interest in Istation through cold calls and e-mail prospecting
- Following up on and qualifying all leads through phone, e-mail, and other necessary channels
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with customers
- Managing prospective customers throughout defined parts of the overall sales and retention processes
- Conducting effective qualification calls with potential customers to gather needs and investigate obstacles and challenges in a consultative model
- Educating customers on technical requirements, pricing, and training
- Conducting effective product demonstrations with school administrators and key district personnel as needed
- Assisting in managing successful school and district pilots
- Following up after sales to achieve referrals, grow existing business, and ensure customer satisfaction
- Providing key support to exceeding sales quota
- Providing world-class consultative service to ensure top-notch customer experience in sales and retention
- Maintaining a high level of integrity, commitment, and trust to exceed expectations in sales and retention of customer accounts
- Strong presentation skills
- Independent and self-disciplined
- Strong work ethics
- Proficient with the use of technology
- Effective territory management skills
- Strong organizational skills with proven ability to handle multiple tasks or projects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Education and Experience:
- College degree is required.
- Background in education or education sales is a plus.